The Surplus Exchange is ISO 14001:2004 compliant. We are also the first facility in the state of Missouri officially compliant with the e-Stewards Standard for Responsible Recycling and Reuse of Electronic Equipment, a standard set by the Basel Action Network, the world’s only organization focused on confronting the global environmental injustice of toxic trade and its devastating impacts. We are also a Microsoft registered refurbisher, so you know we won’t resell your software and data.
- We have been recycling in the Kansas City area for over 25 years.
- We are recognized by the Basel Action Network as one of North America’s most responsible recyclers.
- With us, you only pay if your monitor or component is end-of-life.
- Many items are recycled free of charge.
- We are less expensive than for-profit recycling programs.
- Your recycling effort may be tax deductible.
- Your old, retired equipment may help a small nonprofit, new business or low income student.
- The Surplus Exchange has a social and environmental commitment to the Kansas City community.
- All end-of-life items are reclaimed in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Your recycling will remain within the United States.
- We document the recycling process.
- We will not allow any e-waste brought to us to enter a landfill.
- We do not charge to pick up e-waste from a business environment
To schedule a pickup from your business location, click here.